What are Facebook Call Now Ads?
Facebook Call Now ads gets motivated consumers to call using a click to call button with a simple call to action.
Call now ads can display a website but the Facebook call to action button displays Call Now text to start a phone call.
The click to call ad button can launch a call tracking number to capture the leads phone number.
This ad unit removes landing page friction similar to text for info services while creating real-time sales conversations.
Facebook Call Now ads launched in 2020 are like the call-only ads in Google Adwords. Both click to call ad units are designed to drive inbound phone calls.
Call now ad units are great for advertising urgent, complex, high dollar services where consumers are ready to have conversations.
All mobile ad units on Facebook and Instagram can use the Call Now call to action button.
Why Use Click to Call Now Ads?
Simple answer is the majority of Facebook users see Facebook ads on mobile phones.
As of July 2020, 98.3% of all Facebook access included mobile with 79.2% being mobile-only.
Nearly 100% of US population has a smart phone, over 55% access the web on the phone, and everyone knows how to use click to call buttons.
Consumers are already familiar with click to call buttons and links.
These call now buttons are ubiquitous on the web. They appear on Google maps, business pages, Facebook business profiles, phone number links in emails, etc.
By eliminating the need to actually dial a phone number, click to call buttons and links are used by everyone.
BIA/Kelsey data estimates 169 billion click to calls to businesses from online advertising worth over $1 trillion.
Google has done the research to determine why consumers would use click to call vs. a website. You can see from the data, calls are likely to be the highest intent consumers.
Beginning of the End of Landing Page Forms?
Consumers don’t like to fill out landing page forms on mobile devices. Research shows that smaller, shorter forms can dramatically increase lead conversion.
This is why Facebook Lead Ads work so well, as they remove form friction to three clicks.
It is also why both Google and LinkedIn have also created lead ads using login info that eliminates filling out of landing page forms.
Click to call buttons with call capture numbers reduces the steps even further to a single click, getting consumers closer to instant gratification.
Benefits of Facebook Call Now Ads
- Phone calls are oldest and most accessible technology across all demographics.
- Everyone knows how to use a click to call button to make a phone call.
- Removing the number of requested form fields to zero increases lead conversion.
- Use click to call ads with call capture, you can remove all the form fields.
- Call capture numbers to ensure you capture the most valuable contact information, the leads’ phone number.
- Click to call ads combined with CallAction call / SMS capture tracking numbers creates the best frictionless lead generation.
- Marketers capture the accurate phone number 100% of the time.
- Use call capture phone numbers to build custom Facebook custom audiences.
- Start remarketing and retargeting without sending leads to a landing page or worrying about a pixel.
- Custom audiences based on mobile numbers have a very high match rate.
- Remember, consumers must use their mobile number to set up Facebook Messenger. You can have multiple emails but only one mobile number.
- Save expensive development time of creating mobile responsive landing pages and forms with click to call ads.
Click to Call Ads Increase Lead Conversion
Speed to lead is one of the primaary drivers of lead conversion.
Call now ads combined with CallAction call broadcast instantly connects consumers. Use the first to claim broadcast to call multiple salespeople simultaneously.
Call broadcast creates competition amongst your sales teams to answer inbound sales calls.
Removing response delays between lead to call and lead follow-up improves sales conversion.
Generate Leads from Click to Call Now Ads
The most important step to generating leads from these call now ad units is using a dedicated Facebook call capture / tracking phone number.
CallAction captures callers numbers and automatically does a data-append and the data-entry into a CRM using API integrations.
If you plan on running Google or Facebook click to call ads (or Google call only), try a free trial of CallAction.
Check out some of our reviews or book a demo today.
Steps to Create a Facebook Call Now Ad
- Login to your Facebook ads manager to start a new campaign.
- Select the Reach campaign objective to use the Facebook call to action button option for Call Now ads.
- Setup your Targeting at the Ad Set unit.
- Select all available mobile ad placements in the manual Ad Placement section
- Create your Facebook ad and headlines as normal.
- Add your website URL
- Under the Call to Action button options, select Call Now
- Enter your dedicated CallAction call capture phone number
(Note: must use valid phone number starting with 1 to avoid error)
- Your Facebook Call Now ad is ready to run.
Since this is targeting mobile users who will be using the click to call button, let’s discuss some Call Now ad tips.
Best Practices for Click to Call Ads
Some tips and tricks for running Facebook click to call ads.
- Target Mobile Users Only (most users can’t click to call from desktops)
- Use a local, easy to remember vanity call capture number for click to call tracking
- Dayparting for business hours to generate calls directly to available salespeople.
- Use text-enabled phone numbers like CallAction to capture and respond to text messages
- Add a CTA to “Call / Text” to ad copy
- Try call to action overlays on your email or in your videos
- Use video ads and give out the same call capture number in the video as used by the call now ad button.
- You may see a disparity in reporting of clicks which can be caused by consumers clicking on the website link or profile vs clicking the Call Now button
- Run remarketing campaigns using the custom audiences built from caller numbers.
- Build a Facebook look-alike audience from the callers to better target your Facebook reach ads
- Leverage a call capture number on the business page to also track those that click the profile and call your Facebook business number
Did you find this post on creating Facebook Call Now ads useful? Please use one of the sharing links below to share with your network.
Ready to Start Running Facebook Call Now Ads?
Contact us today at (909) 315-4600 to start a free trial of CallAction for your Facebook click to call tracking.